A girl's viral Facebook post is warning people about the dangers of not washing makeup brushes.
It’s common knowledge for most makeup lovers out there, to take care of their makeup tools and always wash the makeup brushes. Cleaning the tools will help in preventing bacteria and possible skin issues. And there’s a reason why you need to take this seriously…
A girl apparently got a major, potentially brain-damaging infection after not cleaning her spooly brush for her eyebrows.
21 year old, Katie Wright, shared her scary story in a Facebook Group called, Make Up Heavens, which is a public Facebook community for makeup lovers around the world.
In the post, Katie first mentions that she had what she thought was a skin pimple right near her eyebrow and it was starting to get painful.
“Within an hour my entire face swelled up and HURT. It felt like something was going to burst out of my skin.”
She showed the before and after photos, taken within 48 HOURS!
After dealing with the pain for more than long enough, Katie headed to the Emergency Room. Once she was seen, the doctors told her that she had a serious case of Cellulitis, which is a version of a Staph infection but can greatly affect deep cellular tissues.
“Since it was on my face, there was a huge risk of it spreading to my brain or my eyes, causing me to go blind.”
She said that she is usually strict with washing her face and her brushes, but that it was most likely caused by possible bacteria from an eyebrow brush/spool (considering the location of the infection is near her eyebrow).
Since having her life saved at the Emergency Room, the medical costs have skyrocketed. She’s shared her story with GoFundMe and has included information about the bills.
After her story, I will be extremely cautious with my makeup tools and their cleanliness!